Americans are drinking more water than ever. According to a survey conducted by the Beverage Marketing Corporation, from 2000 through 2015 consumption of bottled water rose by 120%. Bottledwater.org found there are many reasons for this trend including:
One of the major concerns has been the quality of drinking water. News reports of lead contamination, leaking underground gasoline storage tanks, industrial pollution and distrust of additives like chlorine and fluoride have led many to
By James Layton 13 March 2017
question the purity of their well and municipal water supplies. Buying bottled water is expensive. Business Insider calculated that bottled water is costing you about 2,000 times more per gallon that what you pay for tap water. The good news is you don’t have to buy expensive bottled water to enjoy safe, refreshing water right at home or when you are on the go. An APEX reverse osmosis system makes purified water that often rivals what you are drinking from those expensive bottles!
What is an APEX reverse osmosis filtration system?
Let’s look at the APEX MR-6051 UV Ray Disinfectant Reverse Osmosis system. This omplete water purification system combines the benefits of reverse osmosis filtration with ultraviolet disinfection, making it the most effective water purification system in its class. The MR-6061 has five different stages of water filtration plus a final ultraviolet disinfection unit to create pure, safe drinking water. Here’s how it works:
- The pre-filter removes tiny particles of rust, sand, mineral scale and even insect parts that contaminate the water supply.
- Water passes through two solid block activated carbon filter cartridges that remove chlorine, tastes, odors, carcinogens, pesticides and industrial chemicals.
- Next, the water is forced through the spiral-wound reverse osmosis membrane that removes heavy metals, nitrate, salts and dissolved solids. Even parasite cysts (Cryptosporidium and Giardia) are removed by the membrane.
- The water gets a final polishing by flowing through a granular activated post-filter that removes all traces of tastes and odors.
- The last stage exposes the water to disinfecting ultraviolet light, killing harmful microbes like bacteria, cysts, viruses, mold and algae.
After passing through the filtration system your water will be free of chemical and biological contaminants including:
Immediate benefits of an APEX reverse osmosis filter
In addition to protecting you and your family’s health from heavy metals and chemical contamination you’ll notice these immediate benefits: